Our New York-based personal injury law firm is fully capacitated with competent and highly-seasoned personal injury lawyers who can help you achieve your cause. We offer legal representation to clients who have been the victim of someone else’s unreasonable actions, helping them prove their claims before the court and obtaining the maximum amount of compensation proportionate to the damages they are made to suffer.
We can resolve your case through mediation or legal representation
Our approach is to first critically review your case to determine the steps to take. We must first establish if it passes as personal injury and collect all available evidence. Should your case be such that only requires mediation with your insurance company, we shall do so, doing all that is possible to obtain the full amount worthy of the losses you have suffered. If a personal injury lawsuit must be filed against a person, private or government corporation, we shall do so accordingly. The ultimate goal is for justice to prevail.
How to know when you have become a victim
Not all accidents and injuries would qualify as personal injury. To establish that your case is actually that of personal injury, it must be proven that:
- You were owed a duty of care;
- That duty was disregarded;
- And it led to an accident;
- Of which you sustained injuries.
When should I file a personal injury claim?
There are different time limits allocated to different kinds of injuries. In New York, the maximum time limit according to the NY Statute of Limitations is three years. It is shorter for highly sensitive cases like medical malpractice and those against the government. It is crucial you speak with a personal injury lawyer early, so they can collect evidence when fresh.
Typical examples of personal injury cases in NY
- Slips and falls
- Premises liability
- Defective product
- Construction site accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Car accident (including taxi, truck and train)
- Nursing home negligence.
Compensation for personal injury
Many factors are considered in estimating the value of the compensation. At our law firm, our team of personal injury lawyers would look into the financial losses which you would incur due to the injury in terms of medical bills and wages you would miss out on. The degree of pains you suffer and the length of it will also increase the amount of money. All these assessments are done with the help of medical and financial professionals. Our personal injury lawyer will help you through this process.
Out of Court settlement?
Not all personal injury cases are to be settled in court. However, a court settlement is required if the perpetrator is not cooperative or willing to meet your demands. This is one of the reasons why you need a competent personal injury lawyer from a personal injury firm. If the perpetrator is cooperative and willing to meet your demands, you can consider an out-of-court settlement. It is less stressful and cheaper than settling in court.
Sometimes, the court judgment may not be in your favor. What does that mean? It means you have wasted your time and money
Speak to a personal Injury lawyer near you today.
There are several laws guiding how personal injury claims are addressed which may be too complicated for you to understand. It is important consulting a personal injury lawyer to discuss your case and determine what steps need to be taken. Our law firm has over the years helped victims get the relief they sought through mediation and legal representation. Our objective is to see justice served. Call us to get in touch with a personal injury lawyer near you.
- Not every injury can pass as personal injury. The duty of care varies at each given situation and is not spelled out in the constitution. However, there are certain laws in the state guiding these things.
- If you had sustained serious injuries and believe your injuries were a direct or indirect result of someone’s unreasonable action or inaction, then you have a personal injury claim and are entitled to compensation. The amount would be to proportional to the injuries and liabilities you have been put into.
- Personal injury claims in New York are dealt with according to the State laws. For a personal injury claim to be recognized in a civil court in the state and for damages to be awarded, it must be proven to be in accordance with the laws. It must be proven that the defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of care but neglected the duty, and that this led to an accident in which the plaintiff was harmed.